Stun guns are great for self defence at home or when you are away from home. You can stun someone with an electric charge to incapacitate them so you can get away or call for help. It even works thru their clothing and doesn't cause any permanent damage.
Places to keep a stun gun at home:
- Drawer by the bed - If there is an intruder at night
- By any door (hidden) - Quick access for outside disturbance or threat at the door
- Hidden in garage - To prevent car jacking or mugging when you park
*After stunning at home, get to a secure location with a phone and call for help.
Places to keep a stun gun while away from home:
- Pocket - The small stun gun versions will fit in your pocket
- Purse - Most stun guns will fit in a purse to be readily available
- Car glove box - Hidden but easily accessible when traveling
- Travel bag - Like an overnight or a gym bag
*I would not recommend taking it on a plane.
*After stunning the attacker, get away as fast as you can or yell for help.
The electric shock will make their muscles cramp up so they won't be able to move for a brief time, which is when you get away.
Someone who is on certain drugs will have more of a tolerance to the electric stun but it should still work long enough to get away.
Stun guns are great for keeping you and your loved ones safe.
**If you have small children, always keep the stun gun secure so they can not get it.
Check your state and local stun gun laws before carrying one to avoid getting in trouble.